So we went to the dr today. And...
Basically we're where we were last week AND the week before. Baby's getting bigger (and I am too) but s/he is showing no signs of wanting to get out of there anytime soon. So we wait for another week and go back and hope for progress by NEXT week.
Since I'm technically still "early" we shouldn't be shocked, but since I've had contractions and other "signs" of progress I was SURE that he'd say, "Yes, this baby should be here within a few days." So, I'll have to hope that's what he'll say next time. :) I guess since most women are a week late with their first, I've still got about 10 days to go!
I've been reminded this advent season that women have been waiting and wondering for thousands of years when their babies will enter the world. And they managed to wait it out, so I'm sure I can too. I wonder if I would go ride a donkey for a while if that would help speed things up?!
The good news in all of this is that we continue to feel more ready by the day to welcome this little one! And with each day that we get closer to Christmas, the more I'd like for there to be snow when this baby arrives. What better way to spend Christmas than cuddling with a newborn when it's snowy and cold outside.
I guess I can wait as long as I need to knowing THAT'S how we'll likely get to spend Christmas 2011!
Arg! Come on Baby!!!
ReplyDeleteIs there someone around that can help you with the donkey ride? :)
ReplyDelete