Sunday, October 23, 2011

Waaaay Behind!

People say that life gets busy once you have a baby.  I'm not sure I believe them...I've found that pregnancy is just as busy, but in a different way.  I guess it's good, providing an introduction to the busyness! 

The second trimester ended fairly uneventfully and besides the growing belly, life has been good. 

I don't know exactly when the "third trimester" began because I've read differing accounts as to which week marks the start of the final countdown.  But it was sometime in early- to mid-September and it felt as though delivery was still far in the distant future! 

In the middle of September, we went on a long-weekend getaway along the south-eastern Lake Michigan coast (what a gorgeous area)!  Apparently these types of trips have a name..."babymoons".  Ours was for four days and we had a great time getting away from it all, enjoying some nice relaxing time on our own - no work, no distractions, no housework, no real agenda, just go with the flow.  We even got some baby "homework" done - coming up with a short list of (mostly) agreeable names for each gender.  Don't ask what they are because we're not telling!  :) 

Stuff has slowly been getting down around the house.  Andrew finally took & passed his final of three exams (he's been studying for the past 12 months)! So we're full on into baby-mode now.  Projects have resumed that we had put on the side burner and the nursery is in process.  The good news is if the baby came today, we wouldn't be in terrible shape, but we're hoping s/he agrees to wait several more weeks before entering the outside world!

We are now 32 weeks into the journey and seeing the Dr. every two weeks.  We took some pre-natal/birthing classes at the hospital where we will deliver earlier this month and learned a lot of valuable information.  The classes really made the whole baby experience more real and more exciting too!  I've even experienced a few Braxton Hicks contractions, which is good (I guess), because at least I know what a contraction will feel like when the real thing hits!  I've had some minor swelling in my legs as well which my Dr said isn't a bad thing for where I am in the pregnancy.

The biggest nuisance of the current stage of pregnancy have been the leg cramps that wake me (and ultimately Andrew) during the night.  Andrew's been a real trooper though in helping me get rid of them.  Luckily, we've spent many of them laughing (at me) in bed in the middle of the night after the cramping goes away.  We've even used them as a means for practicing my labor breathing...and it's worked!

Our baby is getting bigger and more active and we're enjoying watching him/her grow and move around!  In the midst of his exam studying, Andrew would "read" his text books to our little one, but don't worry, we've been reading lots of age appropriate books too. :)

People keep asking for pictures, so stay tuned, I'll post pictures in a separate post yet tonight!

1 comment: